Business Development Manager
Flywheel makes digital meaningful. Our integrated expertise in design, technology, and content transforms strategy into tangible results. We are seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) who has a passion for digital experience, client
leadership and enjoys a flexible entrepreneurial environment.
The service offerings at Flywheel are broad. They range from design to web development to CRM and digital marketing. Business Development Managers at Flywheel are expected to be comfortable with helping clients with one or all of these areas. Our client
base works with Flywheel because they all have a purpose and need to see consequential results. For the most part, we are helping B2B clients.
Successful candidates will have experience helping uncover and synthesize client challenges while working in a collaborative environment to deliver revenue growth for Flywheel. In addition, a successful candidate will be a thoughtful listener, a quick
learner, be self-motivated and have strong time and task management skills to manage their deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
Term: Full time
Primary Location: Flexible. Our office is in Toronto. Your territory will be North America. Most of our business happens in Eastern Time.
Compensation: When we get to this part of the process, we’ll be transparent about how this will be a win for us and we’ll want to know what will keep you motivated. We will re-evaluate annually. We will also want to know what
kind of resources and support you expect.
Business Development Managers at Flywheel help form the face of the organization and will typically be the first to interact with a prospective client. BDMs are primarily tasked with calling on and selling to CEOs and VPs with the intention of providing
a range of digital services.
This role is a hunting and farming position that will require both inside and outside sale tasks. The ideal candidate will be excited to build and manage a strong pipeline through their lead generation and inbound opportunities. Flywheel Business Development
Managers will manage all phases of the sales process, from initial contact to recommending a solution (with support) to signature and project team handoff. Once a client partners with Flywheel, the BDM will continue to ensure they are getting value
and will identify & sell additional services and renewals as appropriate.
We are seeking candidates who have already shown success in this role and are looking for more growth opportunities. Business Development at Flywheel is currently only done by one of the Flywheel partners, Scott Snowden. The position we're hiring for will be the only dedicated Business Development Manager at Flywheel. If there is interest, the successful candidate will therefore have an opportunity help build out the team further as our company grows.
- Prospecting: both self-generating leads and following up on inbound leads.
- Working the Flywheel “Ready to Grow” sales process end to end (initial discovery to contract signing and internal project team kickoff).
- Finalizing agreements with new clients.
- Identifying and closing additional sales opportunities within our client base.
- Renewing clients on an annual basis.
- Understanding the capacity of our team and pace of service delivery so that projects are not “oversold”.
- Utilizing Salesforce.com to track all sales activity and pipeline health.
- Building & maintaining a strong network of connectors.
- Regular activity on social media (mainly LinkedIn) to boost the brand of Flywheel and the personal brand of the BDM.
- Meeting & exceeding sales goals monthly.
- Communicating: Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of Digital Marketing & Sales Strategies that can benefit a range of clients.
- Business Savvy, which includes the ability to frame opportunities against business goals/objectives and metrics.
- Must be proficient with MS Office
- Robust understanding of how to format a document (Word) or presentation (PowerPoint) well.
- Good Excel skills and comfort with mathematics
- Tech Savvy, which includes a passion for understanding our digital world and an interest in the technologies used by Flywheel and clients.
- Ongoing personal development and coaching.
- Exposure & access to business leaders across North America.
- Opportunity to help build a sales culture & team.
- Flexible working hours.
- Health & dental benefits.
- Outbound activity (reaching out to new leads/connections)
- Pipeline health
- Days since last contact
- Clear future dates
- Opportunity Count (by stage)
- Opportunity Value (by stage)
- Average dollar value of projects won (monthly, quarterly, annually)
Experience, Skills & Abilities
- Past sales experience
- Client-centered approach
- Integrity and high intention (no sales “moves”, no manipulation)
- Highly driven to succeed – loves scoreboards & healthy competition
- Personal growth mindset – desires coaching & feedback, takes new ideas and incorporates them into their authentic voice and process
- Autonomous working style – takes direction and runs with it, doesn’t require lots of ‘checking in’ from a manager to efficiently prioritize or move things forward
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, written, and verbal communication skills, including internal/external interaction & documentation
- Entrepreneurial – willingness to innovate, lead and create new opportunities
- Passionately Curious – practiced at identifying challenges and asking the right questions at the right time
- Tech-savvy – shows an interest in technology/tech trends and innovation
- Business savvy – always thinking about how to make businesses run better, grow, and succeed
- Accountability to ensure commitments are clear, reasonable, and trustworthy.
- Willingness to learn and utilize the tools/tech-stack of Flywheel (including utilizing video for sales calls, follow up and personal branding)
- Values a strong work family and looks for ways to contribute to the greater good of the group
- Confidentiality regarding client information
- Buy-in and belief in the core Flywheel brand values
Additional Experience an asset:
- Experience with Salesforce.com, LinkedIn, Vidyard, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- French fluency
- Digital Project Management/Service Delivery
How to Apply
- Connect with Scott Snowden on LinkedIn. Don’t worry – he accepts all invites.
- Review the video on this page and follow the instructions.